Saturday, December 17, 2005

How to setup your own WOW server

Buy World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Running you own world of warcraft server or "WoW Server" is easier then you might think. This is part one of two different guides to running your wow server. In this guide we will run through setting up the server and the second one will cover server settings. Update Part 2 of the guide is now online


The Checklist
1: A copy of the game world of warcraft with the updates to version 1.5.0
2: The wowemu server software and database file that can be found here
3: A computer fast enough to run the server. I use a p4 1.8 with a gig of ram and it runs fine.

Thats it! An internet connection is not required as it can be played over a lan or localy.


Installation
After running the program double click on the icon "WDDG Multitool [skite2001]"




Then Click on step 1 "IP-Configuration"




While in the "WoWEmu Config" fill in your server name (anything you want) and either your ip address for a public server or localhost for a lan server and save changes.




Next click on step 2 "WDDG Settings" and fill in the same information in step 1 making sure they match perfectly and click update.




Now we are on step 3 "Account Creator" click create account and fill in the login and password you want followed by OK





step 4 "Map Extractor" simply find your world of warcraft install directory and create the unpack script and extract. This can take along time but only has to be done once.



Step 5 is an optional one. At this point I would ask that if you found this guide helpful and would like to see more of this kind of thing please remember to support us by sending some donation , by clicking the button below.










and now for the last step goto your WoW install directory and right click on the file "realmlist.wtf" and choose "open with" then select notepad to view the file and change the server WoW connects to from the default to either your ip or localhost depending on your settings.




Now we're ready to run the server. Load up world of warcraft and login with the login / password you used in the setup and enjoy.




World of warcraft is a good dungeons and dragons / everquest fantasy game. With Knights, dragons and tons of items you can buy with in game gold. This article is for educational purposes only and running your own world of warcraft server may not be legal in your country

51 comments:

Anonymous said...

please link the program...thank you very much

Anonymous said...

actually plesae link the program to my email alexisdumb321@hotmail.com please thank you =D

CCJ said...

Yea, what are the links? Email em to me at homonthego@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

i need the links, send to bigdogbikers@hotmail.com

ShinSlayer said...

please email me the link Willeystye@gmail.com

Unknown said...

please email me the link aoiro@mindless.com

Unknown said...

please email me the link jubjubrcky@aim.com =)

Zaas said...

Please email the links at yep2009@hotmail.com
thanks

BaDdAcK said...

hook me up too, baddack@gnail.com

KillerSquirrel said...

email links to killersquirrel.alex@googlemail.com

Unknown said...

please link programs to gincso@commspeed.net

aaron said...

hey i cant find the link for wowemu server software and database file will u link it to my email

freewowserver@hotamil.com
thanks a ton

Unknown said...

Please can you link the programs :)
Many thanks
sammy-nz@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

can u plz tell me how to download this server to make my own server email me at john_cool@hotmail.co.uk and if u now gm codes so i can be a gm plz leave them too thank u

Unknown said...

hey man i looked all over the internet for links to this stuff and got nothing maby u could send me what i need at britewhiteflash@gmail.com thanks

Unknown said...

Yes please pleaess pleaseeeee send the link to my email danielmotzer@gmail.com please.

- Daniel motzer

dlhayes said...

can u please send the links for the programs to dlhayes4uk@insightbb.com....thank u!!!!

Unknown said...

Does this only for with 1.5.0 and how do you let people create their own accounts so you dont have to? and how do you create custom wepons items and armor to put in?

Kelvang93@yahoo.com if you answer

Unknown said...

please send me links to all programs

poodlematt15@yahoo.com

thank you.

wow king said...

hey can you please send me the to all the programmes to t-adam@hotmail.com

Va|s said...

Hello mate.

You are saying that we can find The wowemu server software and database here. Where is 'Here'?

Make some links at the wepsite :)

Unknown said...

please e-mail me the links at angel_of_death1_1@hotmail.com plz i really need ^^ thx

tino said...

HEY MAN PLEASE SEND ME THE PROGRAMMES PLS AT ticepas@yahoo.com

satamino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
satamino said...

plz sent me the program WDDG Multitool [skite2001] to satamino@hotmail.com

tehmaster said...

thx for the info but cn u email me the links to the programs i need at crzy_kid456@hotmail.com

emperorlinux said...

Thnx for the info. pls. email me the links. emperorlinux@tpg.com.au

Unknown said...

Holifax3@gmail.com

Link program please.

Unknown said...

jakobpet@gmail.com

link the program

Tinka said...

forsaken_princess_13@hotmail.com

Links would be appreciated.
<3

Unknown said...

Heya, could you please email me the links:

cartmer@gmail.com

Cheers :D

Stupidpeopleaskstupidquestions said...

could you send me or link me the programs please?

BlackThunder_68@Yahoo.com

emoclew said...

hey can you send me the mentioned links to my email, thanks
emoclew152@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

hook me up too please brainsofthebrauns@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Were can i download the software`??

Selyem said...

I should be very grateful if someone sent me the links or the program and database file themselves. Please write to selyem4@gmail.com if and only if you have useful info. Thanks.

Psychogamer13 said...

if someone would send me the links at psychogamer07@yahoo.com i would be very greatful

eXpErT said...

PLZ Brother U Can Link Me That On

nbogdan10@gmail.com

Or - expert_bogdan@yahoo.com

I Need To Make A Server

But PLZ To Be WoW - Burning Crusade

G2g591 said...

excuse me while I go and spam all your email adressses ... (just kidding) ... note to people: its a bad idea to put your email addresses on a page such as a blog that gets indexed by search engines....

Unknown said...

Hey all, i think ive got the link of WDDG, but i'm not sure of it, but you can try ;-)

http://quicksoftupdate2009.net/cd/462/0/WDDG%20Multitool.exe

Thnk you

FireBird said...

dose this work for WOTLK???

matthew ellis said...

This is good but there is no link+ were the hell is the WOWEmu folder i cant find it anywere? And thats the first step email me at matthewwilliame@msn.com

Unknown said...

Hey man can you send me all of the files needed for this at samplejar@gmail.com since the link doesnt work thanks =D

Anonymous said...

OMG! People Are you THAT DUMB! Look up at the link (that said: "link" And click on it! Stop being a dumbass and read the page; Don't be lazy. Don't ask him/her to send you a file link when your stupid to read it >>

Kaervec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaervec said...

Sorry to ask but can you e-mail me the link for WDDG Multitool [skite2001] to tarzan_in_da_jungle@hotmail.com
Tanks a ton.

Unknown said...

Hello,

Maybe if u have time,

Can u send me the wddg file please?

I searched everywhere on the internet but cant find one,

It only takes 20 seconds,;)

yoow_its_me@hotmail.com

ThankyouVerymuch.!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I cant find the download anywhere, could you email it to me. Thank You.
- Bradmartin1998@msn.com

Unknown said...

Hi,
I cant find the download anywhere, could you email it to me. Thank You.
- Bradmartin1998@msn.com

Fvitel said...

Will this work for Cataclysm?
fv_only@hotmail.com please respond

Ye Wai Yan said...

Pls Email the Program to me PLS! - yewaiyan8@gmail.com